New Membership Enquiries
If you are interested in joining the Frontline Freelance Register please visit our membership details page to find out more.
For Existing Members
- My account login details do not work – do I still have an FFR membership?
- How do I update my personal details?
- How do I apply to upgrade my existing membership?
- How do I make my profile invisible?
- How do I access member resources?
- How can I cancel my FFR membership?
- How do I reset my account password?
More information about FFR, its work and mission, can be found on our about us page.
- How can I get more involved with FFR?
- How can I donate and support FFR?
- How can I find FFR on social media?
- Are you anything to do with the Frontline Club or the Frontline Club Charitable Trust?
My account login details do not work – do I still have an FFR membership?
All member accounts have been retained. If you’re just returning to FFR you may have noticed some changes to the site layout – and that your old access credentials don’t work. All that should be necessary is for you is to visit https://www.frontlinefreelance.org/password-reset/. You may use either your existing username or your registered email address and a new password will be emailed to you. Occasionally auto response emails may be marked as spam, so check your junk mail folders.
If an account reset email is not received or you continue to experience problems logging in please contact us.
How do I update my personal details?
After logging in, please visit Edit Profile under the Membership tab. Please remember to save your form after updating!
We would encourage all of our members to update their details regularly, particularly those who are visible on the register.
How do I apply to upgrade my existing membership?
You can become a Full Member of the Frontline Freelance Register which all you to get the most of the resources, and to be eligible to apply for a Press Card.
After logging in, please visit Edit Profile under the Membership tab, and make sure that FFR Membership Category is checked on “Full Membership” . Then please fill in all applicable blank fields in the form. Please note, that different information is required for Full Membership and Full Membership with a Press Card and if this is incomplete your application may be delayed. Next, under Additional Application Information select upgrade and choose the membership type you wish.
Please remember to submit the form!
How do I make my profile invisible?
If you would like to be a member of the Frontline Freelance Register but don’t want to be listed on the register, please visit Edit Profile under the Membership tab, and select “no” to the option Do you wish to have your profile included in our public registry? which is found under the Additional Details section.
How do I access member resources?
After logging in, you can review all the member resources pages under the Membership tab. For any questions on these please contact us.
How can I cancel my FFR membership?
If you wish to cancel your FFR membership, please contact us to remove your profile from the register. Please note that if you are a Full Member, we are unable to refund your fees if you cancel.
How do I reset my account password?
Please visit https://www.frontlinefreelance.org/password-reset/. You may use either your exisiting username or your registered email address and a new password will be emailed to you. Occasionally auto response emails may be marked as spam, so check your junk mail folders.
How can I get more involved with FFR?
Being part of FFR is not simply about signing up for membership. Here are some of the ways you can participate in supporting our work:
- Be an FFR advocate on freelance journalists welfare and safety. If you are invited to any industry events, conferences or festivals we can provide you with a media pack with talking points and statistics. Contact us before your event for any assistance in this regard.
- We are always looking for visual and creative input from our members! Whether its taking over our Instagram account, giving permission to use your photographs for the website and communication work, or being involved in the design of our campaigns. If you would like to volunteer your creative skills in this area, we would love to hear from you.
- FFR is a self-help group for freelance journalists who are exposed to risk in their work. We encourage our members to support each other and share information and advice on safety and logistics.
- Host FFR gatherings and meet-ups offline! We encourage our members to meet in person – if you need any help reaching out to members based in your locality please get in touch. We also organise meet-ups around conferences and festivals that we take part in so look out for our notices in our newsletter or social media platforms.
- FFR is run by freelancers through its Board who are representatives elected from its membership. Board elections happen every two years. If you are interested in standing as a candidate in the next election, please respond to the call-out for nominees.
- Contact us if you wish to have any more information about the above activities.
How can I donate and support FFR?
Donations to the Frontline Fund will help us to continue our valuable work and support Freelance Journalism around the world.
Please contact us if you have any specfic sponsorship queries.
How can I find FFR on social media?
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/frontlinefreelanceregister/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ffregister/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ffregister?lang=en
Are you anything to do with the Frontline Club or the Frontline Club Charitable Trust?
Yes. You can find out more on both over at the Frontline Club Website.